Tuesdays, 1:30-3:30 PM, starting January 9th
In Book Club we will read an easy novel for adults and work on vocabulary, writing and reading better.
Meet new people, laugh and see how much fun reading can be!
Science for the Trades
Saturdays, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, starting January 14th at PALS
If you are preparing to write the apprenticeship entrance exam to get into a trade, join this class to
- learn science concepts relevant to the trades
- apply math skills to solving science problems
- improve science vocabulary and reading skills
- develop problem-solving strategies for the exam
Skills for Work
Mondays, 2:30-4:00 PM, starting January 15th
For adults who want to learn how to use office programs for everyday tasks
- word processors
Smart for All
Thursdays, 12:15-1:30 PM, starting January 18th
Designed for adult beginners who want to learn how to use their smart devices for everyday tasks.
- to use smartphones
- to install and use apps
- Internet security
Thursdays, 10:30-11:45 AM, starting January 18th
For adults with some computer experience to learn to use the Internet
- about web browsers
- to use websites and links
- to use email
- how to create strong passwords and stay safe online
Fridays, 2:30-4:00 PM, starting January 19th
For adults with little or no computer experience.
- use a computer
- use basic programs
- use files and folders
- personalize your computer
Saturdays, 9:30-11:00 AM, starting January 20th
Learn how to use your Chromebook for everyday tasks.
- to use ChromeOS
- to use Google Drive for managing your files
- to use Google Docs
Basic Life Support
January 27th, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, at PALS
Join us for this special event and learn basic life-saving skills in a supportive environment.
Act fast, spots are limited!
- Hands-On Training
- Essential Life-Saving Skills
- Community Learning
- Certified by the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation!