Hello everyone! It is officially HOLIDAY SEASON!! Although we have had a snow-free November, I hope we have a snowy Christmas!!!!
As 2023 has come to an end, it has been an eventful year for us here at PALS. Let’s go through some of the highlights for LELL.
Literacy for English Language Learners (LELL) successfully ran courses tailored to the requirements of learners between pre-CLB-CLB 5, The following class options were available for them:
- Group classes: Various group classes run throughout the week and on the weekends. These classes cover different aspects of language learning, that is: Grammar, writing, conversation circles, and reading. They provide the opportunity to sit in groups, interact with various other learners, and practice the language.
- One-to-One tutoring: These classes provide the flexibility of time and location. PALS has more than 30 learners meeting with their tutors for one-on-one sessions.
- Online classes: Many learners come to us with extremely busy schedules and commute as a hindrance. Our online classes help these learners to make learning easy and accessible.
Good Things From This Year
It is very exciting to share that we started “learning through movies” this year. Learners got together to watch an English movie and talked about it in their respective classes later. The activity was a rather fun learning opportunity.
Thank You, Volunteers!
A huge thank you to all our Volunteers. Your commitment is highly appreciated, and PALS would have not been able to provide our learners with excellent services without your help and dedication. It has been a pleasure having you with us and we hope to continue the same next year.
LELL has some exciting events planned for 2024:
- Learning English through movies: Learning is going to get more fun with monthly movie times. You are going to have the opportunity to learn outside of the traditional platforms and curriculum.
- Craft workshops: LELL plans to run craft workshops for different occasions like family day and more.
- Field trips: We plan to have some field trips throughout the year. You will have the opportunity to visit different places like galleries and museums. This would help them learn outside the classroom.
- New classes and courses: LELL plans to offer exciting new courses next year along with the expansion of current classes.
2023 has been an exciting fun year and we hope to make 2024 even better. Have a great Christmas everyone and HAPPY HOLIDAYS, see you in 2024.
Call: 780-424-5514, press 2