Literacy is the skill to use printed materials in daily living.
- 14% of Adult Albertans have serious difficulty reading and writing.
- 26% of Adult Albertans have difficulty reading and writing.
- 50% of Adult Albertans do not have the math skills to meet the needs of everyday life.
What does this mean?
- 1 in 3 Albertans have problems with reading information such as medication labels
- 1 in 2 Albertans will have difficulty understanding the dosage on medication labels
Who attends P.A.L.S.?
Adults who want to improve their skills in reading, writing, speaking or math and make the commitment to work with a volunteer tutors.